Home Care Services for Assistance and Rehabilitation
Home health care is a term used to describe a wide range of services that provide in-home care and general assistance services to people experiencing injury and illness or those advancing through the aging process. It allows patients to age in the comforts of their own homes while providing them with a safe and healthy environment. Whether you need rehabilitation or non-medical personal assistance, there’s always someone to help you.
Through the years, home health care services have become a viable alternative to nursing home facilities, which helps alleviate the fears of many seniors of having to leave their homes and live in unfamiliar surroundings. It also provides seniors the option to experience the aging process as independently as possible in safe and familiar surroundings while still receiving the appropriate level of care and assistance.
Examples of Home Care Assistance Services
Some of the most common in-home care services include:
- Helping seniors maintain a healthy, pleasant, safe, and comfortable living environment for seniors.
- Correctly assessing safety risks in homes to facilitate mobility while preventing accidents from happening.
- Assistance with transportation to the supermarket, pharmacy, church, or doctor appointments.
- Assistance with light housekeeping chores, such as laundry, meal preparations, dishes, vacuuming, and watering plants.
- Assistance with grocery shopping and other errands.
- Medication reminders.
Benefits of Hiring a Home Health Caregiver
Some of the benefits of personalized in-home health care include:
- Ensuring that the patient’s personal and medical needs are met in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Giving both the patient and their families peace of mind.
- Helping comfort and soothe the stresses brought about by the aging process.
- Providing hospital-level care at home which removes the need for long-term or frequent hospital stays
- Providing family caretakers a break from their assistance and care responsibilities.
- Providing a more affordable option than skilled nursing and hospital-setting inpatient care facilities.
- Encouraging health and healing, as well as overall happiness in patients.
- Providing effective home health assistance and rehabilitation services to patients.
- Providing highly trained home caregivers who can help with emergency preparation and accident prevention.
- Providing companionship and social interaction by engaging in games, walks, reading, watching movies, and meal-time together.
While home care is often associated with the elderly, they are not the only ones who can benefit from home care services in Phoenix. Any adult or child who needs assistance in their daily activities can take advantage of the many services offered by Alarys Home Care.